InfraSense Data Logger and Management System for Monitoring Dynamic Hydraulic Conditions
We have reinvented the monitoring of the dynamic hydraulic conditions in water transmission and distribution systems. The InfraSense TS (Transient Signals) patent pending technology enables remote querying and analysis of large volumes of continuously acquired high-speed time- synchronised data.
The InfraSense TS technology has been used to carry out the world’s most extensive investigation of the occurrence of hydraulic transients. One hundred TS devices are being continuously deployed by four leading UK water utilities in their quest to reduce bursts and discoloration events, diagnose hydraulic instabilities caused by pressure reducing and control valves, and implement safe pump scheduling and advanced control. The continuous monitoring of the dynamic hydraulic conditions also supports new research in failure detection and near real time modelling of large scale water supply networks.
Key feature of the InfraSense technology:
- “Lift and shift” or permanently installed.
- Three channels.
- Continuous sampling of 128S/s (each channel) for a period of:
- 6 months without replacing the external memory module.
- 6 months using 2×D cell batteries.
- Time synchronization of 2ms.
- External memory and battery modules guaranteeing continuous deployment with minimum time spent on site.
- External deployment controller (using wireless link) simplifies on-site deployment and sensors calibration.
- IP68 (both loggers and deployment controller).
- Cloud-based data management service to visualise and query the acquired pressure data (raw data at 128S/s).
- Cloud based suite of applications that utilise the acquired Big Data.